Welcome  Home






Does the church have a food pantry?

This church does not, but Grace Episcopal Church offers boxed foods daily from 10-11:00 a.m. at 349 Haywood Street, Waynesville - Rear Entrance.  Contact that office at 828-456-6029. 

Haywood Christian Ministries, 150 Branner Street, Waynesville,  also runs a food pantry.  Contant them at 456-4838.


Does the church offer emergency financial assistance of any kind?

FPCW donates all its local outreach funds to community agencies who are better able to provide for these needs as they arise. 

All are within the town of Waynesville. 

Points of contact should be the following:


  • Haywood Christian Ministry, 150 Branner Street - 828-456-4838
  • The Open Door Ministry, 32 Commerce Street - 828-452-3846
  • Salvation Army, 330 Pigeon Street - 828-452-9728
  • Haywood Pathways (homeless shelter & soup kitchen), 297 N. Hazelwood Street - 828-388-2207
  • Mountain Projects (help with utility bills), 2177 Asheville Road - 828-452-1447


Who do I contact if someone is in hospital?

Contact the church office (828-456-3243) and either Pastor Holly or someone from the Congregational Care team will follow-up.


How do I arrange a baptism, a wedding or a funeral?

Contact the church office (828-456-3243) and arrange an appointment with Pastor Holly to discuss the requirements and procedures for planning these services.


Who do I contact if there is a death in the family?

Contact the church office (828-456-3243) and Pastor Holly will follow up with the family to discuss arrangements for the service.


Who do I contact to ask about a pledge or donation?

Contact the church office (828-456-3243) and the Church Treasurer will follow up. 


How do I provide flowers in the sanctuary during worship?

The Church maintains a calendar for sanctuary flowers.    If you would like to provide flowers for a specific Sunday, contact the

Office Manager (828-456-3243) to reserve a date and  make payment for the flowers. 

After the Sunday service, the donor may take the flowers from the sanctuary.


How do I get into the building during the week?

Normal office hours are 8:00 am to 1:00 pm Monday through Thursday.  At other times, there is a door bell at the double door entrance to the Office wing.

Pastor Holly is often available during the afternoons and will respond to the doorbell.   If you are responsible for an event being held at the Church, contact the Office Manager (828-456-3243) to sign out a key for the facility so that you may have access during the week.    


How do I reserve church facilities?

Contact the Office Manager (828-456-3243) regarding the reservation of church facilities.  A reservation form (click here) must be completed and signed by the responsible party.  In most cases, use of the facilities must be approved by the Church Session.  Once approved, the required fee, if any, must be submitted.  A few days before the event, the responsible party must sign for a key from the Church Office to gain access to the facility.  There will be instructions for the return of this key. 


How do I change my contact information or access the Church Directory?

Contact the Office Manager (828-456-3243) to make any changes and corrections to the information contained in the Directory.

The Directory is password-protected.  Call the Office for that information.